Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lofty

Last October I visited the NY Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck for the first time. It was incredibly fun, but very overwhelming and I ended up coming back with only one skein of yarn: the softest baby alpaca. Since then, it's been sitting in my stash, waiting.

Having just finished Birch and perusing the rest of Rowan 34, I remembered the Lofty scarf. Perfect! Lofty calls for Rowan Cork, a long discontinued yarn that's almost entirely merino with a touch of nylon. I think the baby alpaca is a suitable substitute and I've just had to knit it with two strands to match the bulkiness of Cork. The pattern is knit on the bias and uses a drop stitch method of varying length.

We've just booked our hotel for Rhinebeck this year and this time I'm going with more of a plan and maybe for more of that baby alpaca!

1 comment:

kokopuff said...

It will be my personal mission to ensure you purchase more than ONE PALTRY SKEIN this year!!!