Sunday, October 30, 2005

Flower pins & actors who can't knit

Do you ever get annoyed seeing actors attempt to knit in a movie or tv show? I'm watching season one of Desperate Housewives and they have the elderly mother of one of character sitting around knitting project after project, but you can tell the woman clearly has no clue, judging by the way she holds her needles, tangles her yarn and yanks it around. It drives me crazy. They even have a knitting double for close ups. Now that woman knows how to knit. I wonder how you get hired to be a knitting double...

Well, after spending the week walking forlornly around the house calling out the cat's name (thanks for your kind thoughts) as though I could summon him back from the dead, we're back to knitting. I'm on to a new thing. Flower pins!



They're addictive. They're so easy, so quick and you can use any scrap of yarn. I'm going to give a few to my coworkers tomorrow. Here's where I found several patterns:

Country Living (3 flower patterns)
Sarah's Yarn Box (1 rose pin)
Head Huggers (1 flower)

I walked into Lettuce Knits on Friday and actually walked back out with nothing. I don't know if I should be ashamed or proud, but I just couldn't decide on anything and then remembered all the stuff I've already bought that's waiting to be knit...but I really want to try an Opal sock yarn...argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, now I want to know how to become a 'knitting double' ;) Love the flowers!