Tuesday, December 27, 2005

le moebius et les cadeaux

Tonight I finished the Moebius, seen here looking a little wet and bedraggled. I'm pretty pleased. I was a little worried it was going to be an awkward item to wear, but I tried it on and I was pleasantly surprised. It seems like it'll be fairly versatile. And I don't know what it is, but I love the smell of real wool, even when it's wet! Seems to have that comfort factor.

I made out pretty good at Christmas in the knitting department too! Check this out: a Debbie Bliss pattern book and a very cool, long-assed scarf from my co-worker. I've already picked patterns to knit for a couple of the babies out of herd expected this year, so I'm keeping my eye on the Elann website for some deals. Also, an awesome gift certificate for Lettuce Knit! I would have been there today for their big 30% sale day, but there was no way I was (getting dressed) driving into Toronto. And everybody's favourite, The Yarn Harlot's latest book, The Secret Life of A Knitter.

1 comment:

Not An Artist said...

Oooh la la ;)

Moebius is so pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing you wearing it at our next knutty knitting lunch. You just let me know when you are going to go and spend that Lettuce Knit gift certificate, I will come along for moral support. But not for yarn-buying, oh no.