Sunday, July 30, 2006

Storm Water Scarf

A jaunt out to Linda's Craftique in Port Credit on Friday night got me back on track with the knitting. I bought the Storm Water Scarf pattern to knit with my sea silk but (can't believe I forgot I had that!), as it turns out, it's pretty much the identical pattern to the Midwest Moonlight pattern in the scarfSTYLE book. No matter. It only cost me $2. I've changed the size of needle from a 4mm to a 3.25mm, only because I don't have any free at the moment, and I like my dainty, pink, metal needles. Saturday was definitely the appropriate day to knit the Storm Water Scarf because it was POURING OCEANS OF RAIN all afternoon. I was left trapped indoors, watching three movies in succession (Jerry Maguire, War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

But it's now Sunday morning and the skies have cleared, which means I'm heading back outdoors to the pool! Maybe I'll finally give aquatic knitting a shot.

4 comments:

Martina said...

Beautiful Yarn! I'll have to look into getting some. The scarf is looking good! Let me know how the aquatic knitting goes! My word verification is PMSkur....a cure for PMS?? LOL

kokopuff said...

Well, I'm glad to see you are back in fine knitting form, especially since you have a lot of knitting on your horizon! The scarf looks beautiful!

Not An Artist said...

Would it bother you to know that I actually have a spare copy of the Storm Water pattern too? While I was out east I picked up two Handmaiden kits for that pattern...

Anyways, glad to hear you're back in the knitting saddle.

Norah said...

Grateful for you writing this blog.