Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Attention to Detail

I daydream of playing hooky from work all the time but I'm too much of a chicken to ever do it. Today, however, I am playing hooky! With permission! We moved into a new building at work last week and this morning there's a fire inspection, drills, etc. and we've been asked not to come in until noon. No need to ask twice, there.

After sleeping in this morning and having a leisurely breakfast, I decided to dedicate my free time to some professional development:

Attention to detail, in the form of lace knitting.

Some people, who shall remain nameless, think I have a problem being detailed oriented. I beg to differ. Since starting this project I have read the instructions slowly and carefully until I understood them and then followed them exactly. I've had to do some research for clarification on two problematic areas and I can report that as a result of my efforts I have not had to rip this pattern back once and there are no errors in my knitting. None. None people! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

3 comments:

kokopuff said...

Hmmm. I think one might want to be careful about posting about one's new found abilities as one might be raising the bar in terms of expectations about attention to detail and all. Just saying. Someone might read your posts, words and all. And that's bar without martinis, girlfriend!

Kelly said...

It's not a new ability, it's a latent one!

Yvette said...

Well done chappy! Pip pip!