Sunday, September 04, 2005

Labour Day

It's been a busy few weeks since the last post and in that time I've worked like a dog, seen Cirque du Soliel, been to the CNE twice and received the Florence Scarf in the mail! Now it's Labour Day weekend and I'm catching up on some sleep, tv, housework and knitting. Here's the first few stitches of the knitting...


Doesn't look like much now, I know, but I do love the colour of the yarn (and the needles!), and after reading the instructions several times I don't think the lacework will be too difficult. Famous last words.

In othe news, I spent last weekend at my friend's and her beautiful backyard is host to dozens of birds and chipmunks, so I went out this weekend and bought myself a birdfeeder for my own backyard. I put it up and waited expectantly for the birds to come and enjoy the black oil sunflower seeds I'd filled it with only to find one very crafty and acrobatic squirrel feasting on it. Here he is, the little bugger.


I'll find a way to outsmart you Mr. Squirrel. Oh yes.

No comments: